Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Shanghai

I haven't written in about 2 years. I haven't really had much to reflect and talk about because I've basically been in "go" mode with work and school.

School is wrapping up after this semester, and I'll complete my Associates in Science (despite having a Bachelor of Science already). I'm taking a philosophy class this semester, which seems appropriate as a last class for my unique mentality. Nothing like ending on a reasonable note. I'm going to break from school for a while and see how work continues to go; right now juggling all the work and travel and school and life is keeping me on my toes. My recent bout with strep and a friend's death in the family reminded me how the delicate balance of things we have going at any one time can be interrupted and brought to change very quickly. I need a break from all the hustle.

Speaking of work, it's going quite well (this is not self-product placement). They're sending me to Shanghai, China! I head out on Friday where I will work for a week and a day or two. Then, Dawn will join me and we're going to wander around Shanghai for 5 more days before returning bleary-eyed home.

So, I thought I'd start this little ole blog back up as a travel journal. My main concern of course is that I won't have internet access to this site. Hopefully this won't be the case.

As with previous trips, I tend to write my thoughts, impressions, and post pictures of stuff I did during the day. Feel free to join if you are interested!

Today - packing. I am getting ready for a two-week trip, and that means packing efficiently. There are also several things I need to I need to bring that normally I wouldn't. Some of the guides I've been reading (incorrectly or not) suggest I bring toilet paper, deodorant, earplugs, and soap. I think in Shanghai these won't be an issue, but a little backup wouldn't hurt. I also have to bring plug adapters for the computer and such.

So, this is just a short note to start; I'll be adding more. Friday - Saturday will be largely quiet as I will be traveling for about 20 hours straight. Good times. I hope I can sleep on the plane (I never sleep on planes).

Keep checking in!

1 comment:

Michael Friedman said...

I should probably point out that the reason I am going to China is that the product development team for my company is there, and I am going to visit for the first time. Their director has come to the US a few times and I have worked and trained with him quite a lot. So, it will be good to see him again and meet the team in person.