Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Distractocity.

It's 11:33am. Do you know where you mind is?

Mine is outside. I'm sitting in my cube, thinking Spring-like thoughts. I have a ton of stuff to do at work, 2 papers due tonight for this last class (2 weeks, 12 hours, 36 minutes to go), and I'm sitting here with blog-like thoughts dancing in my head. They are dancing because I'm listening to Ministry of Sound as well.

Hmmmm... this weekend Dawn and I had Easter lunch with her folks and we met them at a place called "The Ranch House". This is a place in a small city near where they live. It happens to be in the back of a truck stop. We pulled into the location and realized we were about to dine in a convenience store.

Fortunately, the truck stop was rather large and contained a full restaurant in the back of it that turned out to be quite hospitable in a "I've been working in the fields all day and now I'm hungry like a horse." kind of way. However, the food was very good (especially the biscuits). Easter Lunch special? Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and a veggie. I had grilled chicken and shrimp.

From there we went to have lemon meringue pie at Dawn's Aunt & Uncle's house. Had some Darjeeling tea from England which was awesome. There, they discussed small town things like "the accident at the traffic light last Wednesday" and so on. These aren't small-minded people; don't get me wrong. I just found it amusing to consider a single traffic light and knowing a specific accident. In San Antonio, each night I can turn on the news and find out about at least 5 or 10 people who have wrapped themselves and their vehicles around objects people normally wouldn't like to be wrapped around (trees, telephone poles, people's living rooms, pedestrians crossing the street, overpasses, underpasses, 18-wheelers, other cars, and so on).

Actually, living in a town where accidents are rare sounds nice. Perhaps one day.

So. I'm in this mental place where everything is in limbo waiting to finish. Yesterday was a fantastic day at work--I had another innovative moment that really turned out very well. Today, humility came in and reminded me not to be too arrogant by providing me a ton of crushing work. Everything is in proper balance lol.

OK. I think I'm about done. Simmering at 375 degrees and I smell very good.

No comments: